Monday, June 9, 2014

Heading Down The Long Road chapter 2


Chapter 2 of the 4th book of The Long Road series, Heading Down The Long Road, is now online. Click here to read it. Here's a little teaser of what you'll find...




Several months later he received a call in the weapons cage, instructing him to report to the desk sergeant. “You wanted to see me?”

“Yes, Peters. I need you to go to the Kyle Matthews residence, 3479 Cedar Oak Drive and find out if he wishes to press charges against Corey Collins for assault stemming from an incident that happened at the County General Cafeteria two days ago. Here’s the paperwork on the case. Take patrol car 217. Here’re the keys.”

“Okay. I’ll head right on over there.”

Officer Peters arrived at Kyle’s house a few minutes later and rang the doorbell. “Officer Peters. What can I do for you?”

“I need to speak to you for a couple of minutes. May I come in?”

“Sure. Come on in. Can I get you anything to drink, water, coffee, iced tea?” Kyle asked, ever the thoughtful host.

“I’d love some tea, thank you. Nice place you have here.”

Kyle froze momentarily when he heard that phrase, remembering the last time he heard those words from a stranger in his living room. He nervously handed the officer a glass of iced tea. Noting his nervousness, the officer reassured him. “Relax, Mister Matthews. I just need to talk with you about the incident that happened two days ago at the hospital.”

“Sorry. The day I was raped the guy said the same thing you did about my house. It just brought back a painful memory.”

Officer Peters placed a hand lightly on Kyle’s arm. “I’m so sorry. The last thing I want to do is cause you any discomfort.” There was no doubting the sincerity in his voice.

“So what did you want to talk to me about?”

“The man you got into the altercation with is attempting to file assault charges against you. According to him, you kicked him in the groin several times.”

No comments:

Post a Comment