Sunday, January 24, 2016

My review of Stars Fall by Louis J. Harris

Is is possible for a novel to be both heartbreaking and heartwarming? To find out the answer to this question read Stars Fall.

Stars Fall is a compelling story of one athlete's strive to realize his dreams while faced with adversity.

This is the story of bilateral amputee Keegan Mansfield.

His story is incredibly well written, written with compassion and feeling. Even able-bodied readers can identify with Keegan feel the joy of his triumphs and his pain at betrayal.

Would I have Keegan's courage? I don't know. I would like to think I would, but I just don't know.

Keegan is a very complex, intense, driven character full of determination. While not quite as complex, the supporting characters are believable. Just looking at the cover art you can see his determination in his eyes.

The story itself is, as I said, compelling. I read the entire novel in one sitting, only taking bathroom and meal breaks.

Not being able to view an excerpt from Stars Fall, I have to admit I had some trepidation as I've bought several books without reading an excerpt and disliked them. However, the blurb intrigued me so I took a chance and bought the book. I'm very glad I did. Stars Fall is an incredible book.

If you only buy one book this year, you must buy Stars Fall. On a scale of 1 to 5 I gladly give it a 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment