Monday, March 16, 2015

Wednesday briefs - Love Across Time chapter 40


Some how, the original post disappeared so here it is.

Chapter 40 of my Wednesday briefs story, Love Across Time is now up. You can read it by clicking here.

If you have just come across my blog and would like to read the entire story, you can click here to get to the Wednesday briefs page.

Here is a sneak peek at what you'll find in chapter 40:

I thought I knew everyone who worked for the TPC. I don’t recognize this man at all the head Magistrate thought. “Who are you and what is your business here?

Not knowing how to address the head Magistrate, Ethan thought better safe than sorry. “Your Honor, my name is Ethan Evans.” A low murmur broke out among those witnessing the proceedings. Everyone in the Timeline Preservation Commission knew that name, but few had ever met him.

“I am here to plead on behalf of Ryan Edwards,” he began.

“Your name is not unknown to us. You are from the past. You have no business here in the future.”

“Begging your pardon, but when I was living here previously, I got sick and Ryan saved my life. I can do no less for him."

“I see. You may speak.”

“Thank you, Your Honor.”

“You may address me as Chief Magistrate.”

“Yes, Chief Magistrate. Thank you for allowing me to speak. If it pleases the court…”

“This is a tribunal, not a court,” the Chief Magistrate corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment