Monday, October 13, 2014

Heading Down The Long Road chapter 10

Chapter 10 of Heading Down The Long Road (the 4th book in The Long Road series) is up. You can find the chapter here.

If you have not read the first 9 chapters yet, you can find them here.

Here's a little preview of what you'll find:

Commissioner looked at the list and his knees buckled when he saw the four names. Jay and Doctor Foster quickly grabbed him and helped him to the nearest chair. “Commissioner, what happened? Are you okay?”

“N-n-n-no.” He whispered hoarsely. “Greg Peters and Gwen Jordan were two of my best officers. They were the leaders of a task force I set up to investigate and prevent violence against LGBT people. I had them set up the fellowship group. Kevin Jordan is relatively new to the force. He’s Gwen’s brother. Dave….” His voice broke and tears came hard. He buried his face in his hands and sobbed while Jay and Doctor Foster each put a hand on the Commissioner’s shoulders. After a time he regained his composure. “Dave is more of a son to me than he was a boss. I don’t know what I’ll do if he….” was all he managed to say before losing it again.

Doctor Foster went around the desk, selected a chart and started looking through it. “Am I to assume then that you are his next of kin, since there are none listed in his records?”

No comments:

Post a Comment