Friday, November 27, 2015

Rayne's Temptation by TC Collins



Today, I had an interview with Rayne Thurston. Before we even began the interview, I knew the short snot would be trouble. Not only was Rayne late to the meeting at a local cafĂ©, but the little brat didn’t even have the grace to look ashamed. The only thing he said by way of apology was that he was ‘tied up’ at work. After glaring at each other for about five minutes, we both gave in and called the silent battle a draw. Stubborn man.

Me: So Rayne, tell us a little about yourself.
Rayne: Well, what do you want to know? You have to be specific, otherwise, I won’t know what you really want to know.
Me: *sigh* Where are you from? Where do you work? Do you like working there?
Rayne: Rayne waved his hand in dismissal. “Oh, I like my job just fine. Especially a certain CEO.” Rayne then licked his lips in a decidedly erotic fashion.
Me: Are you having a forbidden office romance?
Rayne: Well, I wouldn’t necessarily call it forbidden. But the sex is so out of this world that it may be forbidden in some countries.
Me: Rayne, do you really want me to quote you on that?
Rayne: Sure, I don’t see why not.
Rayne then glances at his watch and declares that time is up and he is needed back at work.
Me: Wait! We just sat down and I haven’t gotten to the important questions.
Rayne: Of course you did and I told you the sex was out of this world. That’s all you really need to know.
Rayne then grabs his latte and walks away without a backward glance. I shake my head, torn between anger and amusement. Rayne really is a stubborn man.

Rayne’s Temptation
By TC Collins

Blurb
Rayne Thurston has just gotten out of an abusive relationship and the only thing he wants to do is live a peaceful life. Rayne’s new job is anything but peaceful. Rayne’s boss, Colin Edwards is always on his case and to top it off, Rayne finds himself attracted to the powerful man. As the two fight the attraction between them, danger stalks Rayne. Will the two be able to overcome their differences to find their HEA?

Excerpt
“Rayne, in my office…now!” A deep booming voice roared from inside the large spacious office in front of his cubicle.
Rayne Thurston jumped and glanced around, embarrassed as his coworkers murmured among themselves, sending him pitying glances. Rayne sighed. He’d only been working here a week and was trying to learn the ropes. It seemed Mr. Colin Edwards—the booming voice from earlier—was determined to harass him. He’d done nothing wrong, but felt the man was always bullying him. Colin reminded him a lot of his ex, Malcolm. Both men liked to yell.
Squaring his shoulders and shoving his fear so deep inside that the ravenous beast currently pacing his office couldn’t sense it, Rayne walked to the ebony door with the nameplate, “Colin Edwards, CEO,” and knocked.
“What the hell are you knocking for? Come in!”
Rayne stepped into the office. “You bellowed?”
Sharp, jade eyes assessed Rayne. He resisted the urge to squirm and somehow managed to keep his head up. He was not attracted to that sharp gaze. Yeah, keep telling yourself that, and maybe one day you will believe it. Rayne rolled his eyes at his thoughts. 
“What is this?” A file was thrown across the large mahogany desk and slid to the edge facing him. Rayne glanced down but didn’t move from his spot.
“I wouldn’t know, sir.” Rayne kept his tone monotonous, doing his best to suppress the desire he was feeling. Why wasn’t he afraid of the man? And why did it turn him on when Colin used that commanding voice on him?
Pick up your copy here:

Bio
I write erotic fiction which usually has a paranormal twist. I am a firm believer in happily ever after, so though I may torture my characters upon occasion, they will always get their HEA. I live in the southeastern region and can usually be found sipping a cup of white chocolate mocha.

Follow me!



2 comments: