Monday, June 23, 2014

Heading Down The Long Road chapter 3

Chapter 3 of Heading Down The Long Road (the 4th book in The Long Road series) is up. You can find the chapter here.

If you have not read chapter 1 or 2 yet, you can find them here.

Here's a little preview of what you'll find:

The alarm rang, waking Greg out of a sound sleep, the best he’d had in a long time. As he became aware of his surroundings, he realized that he was naked and spooned up against an equally naked man, his morning erection nestled snuggly between the man’s butt-cheeks. Okay, I must have gotten really shitfaced last night. Where the hell am I and who am I in bed with? When the alarm was finally silenced, he sat up and looked over at the man lying next to him and memories of the previous night came flooding back. Holy shit! I just spent the night with the Deputy Mayor. I’m really in a world of shit now with that dickhead captain of mine. As if those thoughts were projected directly into his brain, Dave stirred and rolled over to face Greg.

“Good morning, baby. Sleep well?”

“Better than I have in a very long time.” He bent down and gave Dave a kiss then laid back down with his head on Dave’s shoulder. “You know, I’m going to be in a world of shit when my captain finds out about my transfer, and that I went to you instead of him.”

“You have nothing to worry about. I came to you, remember? Actually, as I recall, I didn’t give you any choice. Besides, you don’t even have to go back to your former” he paused to allow the word ‘former’ to sink inprecinct. You have to go to the Commissioner’s office to get your transfer paperwork, and if I know him, he already has a new partner lined up for you, someone who will more than make up for your last partner. The Commissioner’s secretary will forward the transfer papers to your old precinct.”

“I still have to go back and clean out my locker.”

You can do that anytime, and if you want, I’ll go with you.” He started giggling. “Can you imagine the look on that asshole Jenkins’ face if you and I walked into his office to hand-deliver your transfer paperwork holding hands? He’d shit his pants for sure.”

Greg was silent for a few moments then started laughing. “Let’s do it. Let’s walk into Jenkins’ office with my transfer paperwork holding hands.”

“Are you sure that’s what you want to do? You’ll be outing yourself to everybody there. Everyone already knows that I’m gay.”

“Absolutely! I could give two shits what they all think about me. I want, no, I need to come out of the closet. I’m so sick of living a double life, of watching every word I say and having to remember to switch pronouns even in the most basic of conversations. I’m tired of being alone. I want to find a man that I can spend the rest of my life with, and I can’t do that if I’m in the closet, constantly looking over my shoulder.”

Dave was silent as he digested what Greg had said. Finally, he spoke quietly. “And where do I fit into the equation?”

 “What do you mean, where do you fit into the equation?”

“Exactly what I just said.”

No comments:

Post a Comment